Sunday, May 19, 2013

WOW find... or UGH find ???

Going though some old files, I found a 3.5 in green floppy disc.  Yup a whopping 1.44mb floppy disc.  I don’t have a computer that view the data, what else is in the file.  I find the notes from a research trip from January 2006.  In the file are copies of misc death certificates, notes about missing headstones and plots of children that had passed away too early. A few notes about the missing bits of road blocks which I had long since forgotten about.  Now to find someone who had a working 3.5 floppy.  Off to texting and facebooking and social media I go.  Within a short period of time, I have a couple of possibilities….  Let’s hope the disc that has survived the house fire, has some wonderful information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment